1. Protect and also Weatherproof! One of the most efficient COOLING AND HEATING system in the world can not make up for an inadequately shielded residence. Drafty windows and door seals and also under-insulated attic rooms and also outside wall surfaces could create your COOLING AND HEATING to function double-time aiming to maintain.
2. Not all home heating, air flow and also cooling (HVAC) equipment is equal. As much as half of the energy used in your home goes to cooling and heating. So making wise decisions about your home's HEATING AND COOLING system can have a big impact on your energy costs-- as well as your comfort.
3. Cooling and heating expenses account for nearly half the home's complete power expense. If your central air system is more than One Decade old, changing it with an ENERGY STAR ® certified, high-efficiency design might cut your air conditioning expenses by 30 percent.
4. ENERGY STAR certified central air conditioners have a higher seasonal power effectiveness ratio (SEER) than typical versions, that makes them about 14% extra effective than typical designs. The higher the SEER, the better the effectiveness. Because sizing and also appropriate installation of a central air conditioning system are important to energy performance as well as residence comfort, it is important to work with a qualified professional.
5. Heat pumps that get the Smart Energy Savers Program have a higher seasonal power efficiency proportion (SEER) and heating seasonal efficiency element (HSPF) compared to basic designs, which makes them regarding 8% percent extra efficient compared to standard new models as well as 20% a lot more efficient compared to what you could already have in your residence.
6. Natural gas heating systems qualifying for refunds have annual gas application efficiency (AFUE) scores of 92%, or greater, making them approximately 15% more effective than typical models. One in four furnaces in U.S. houses today is greater than Two Decade old. Certifying gas heating systems utilize sophisticated innovation to provide higher effectiveness than basic new furnaces readily available today.
7. High-efficiency heating and cooling tools gotten the BGE discount satisfy or surpass the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR ® requirements for item effectiveness.
8. When is it time to change your central heating and cooling system?
When your devices needs frequent fixings and also your energy bills are raising.
When your heatpump or air conditioner is greater than Ten Years old. Consider changing it with a newer, more power effective tools that satisfies the Smart Energy Savers Program rebate performance levels
When your furnace is greater than 15 years old. Take into consideration replacing it with a more recent, much more energy-efficient heater that satisfies the more info Smart Energy Savers Program rebate effectiveness degrees.
9. Although these products can be extra expensive to buy in advance, the cost distinction will certainly be paid back with time through reduced energy expenses. Make certain to ask your professional concerning Smart Energy Savers Program Heating & Air conditioning Discounts which can dramatically help reduce the difference in rate in between basic as well as high-efficiency items.
10. Correct maintenance can go a long way in avoiding future heating and air conditioning system troubles. Ask your contractor regarding annual pre-season examinations. Service providers often get extremely active throughout summer and winter season, so it's a smart idea to check the air conditioning system in the springtime and also the heating system in the fall.